I recently was able to redo my office / craft room but it was a little uninspired. I wanted a simple white chair for my craft table but didn't want to invest a lot of money. I was able to pick up this chair on craigslist for five bucks.
Please bear with me as I start my blog. I am blogging crafts I have done so far that I do not have step by step pictures, but as I catch up there will be step by step tutorials!
Friday, February 24, 2012
This past summer I hosted a bridal shower and made cupcakes but didn't have a good way to display them. I decided to try making my own cupcake stand instead of purchasing one at the store. It was a relatively cheap project and I was able to pick up most of the products (besides the paper and cake rounds) at the dollar store. I chose to have 4 tiers and purchased the precut cardboard in 6in, 8in, 10in and 12in (can be found at craft stores or Walmart). This project is pretty basic, but here are the steps that I took:
1. Trace paper to the size of the cardboard circles, cut and adhere using spray adhesive. Apply them quickly because you won't be able to reposition.
2. Glue ribbon around the outer edges of each piece of cardboard. Here I used craft glue on the first layer but didn't like the outcome because I could see it through the ribbon, so I attached another layer of ribbon on the outside and just put some double sided tape in a few places around the circle and this held on well.
3. Hot glue floral arrangement foam together to your desired height, enough to have between each layer of cardboard depending on how many tiers you make. (You could also use soup or vegetable cans here too)
4. Measure the center of your cardboard and mark it. Hot glue the foam pieces on for each tier.
5. Wrap thick ribbon around the base. I used matching sewing pins and folded in the ends of the ribbon to give it a more finished look.
6. Display your cupcakes and enjoy!
Posted by Kassie at 6:32 PM